So...I'm late with this blog, which means I have to buy Gandalf lunch. But that's okay. I've been busy.
At home.
I normally don't really like going home. Entering the city limits I can feel my body tensing, feel all these old tics and stresses come back. We get to the the "Welcome to" sign and I'm suddenly sixteen and my fancy, confident adult mind kicks it in the back with the chips for a while while this stupid freaked out teenager takes over.
But it didn't happen this time.
Okay, so the first day was hard. It all came back, but for most of the day I was able to stave off the stress and have a nice time. It only really bothered me at night. And by the third day, it was just nice.
It was nice being home. Which, awesomely, relates to #7 on my list, "Make an effort to have healthier relationships with my family and hometown."
I had nice talks with my mom. We went and got pedicures done, which, though weirdly painful to my feet at times, was a good time. My sister and I dyed my hair again and talked. I saw my old high school friends and we reconnected. I even talked to my dad on the phone. I was happy.
And being happy is awesome.
(Also, remember how I said I don't like Christmas? I had a great Christmas. So extra bonus.)
- Jazz
No comments:
Post a Comment