Lately all my stress dreams involve me climbing out somewhere that is too high and too risky, and not being able to get back down.
Sometimes there's a real risk factor, like if I'm on a platform, where if I can jump to somewhere else I'll be fine, but if I miss, I'll fall to my death.
In these situations, Dream Self won't jump--I'll just huddle helplessly, and if anything that's worse.
The most vivid was a couple nights ago, and all in all, it was a pretty stupid situation. I was at a mall, or a museum, somewhere that was vaguely crowded and had that mass produced, low quality green carpet that they put in malls and museums. (I recall the carpet being very clean, so it must not have been a mall.)
For some reason, the stairs to the top floor were partially connected to this platform of sorts that didn't have any purpose as far as I can tell, and I crawled up onto it from the landing between the top floor and the floor below it. Level wise, the platform was even with or about a foot above the top floor, so basically I just bypassed the last part of the staircase. From there, it turned out this thing was a large square of space that wasn't connect to the floor on the other side, meaning there was a three foot gap between the edge and the floor I wanted to get to. The gap lead all the way down to the first floor, which was VERY far away, so I was absolutely terrified to jump.
Meaning I was trapped.
That's when Dream Self just huddled up against the wall and refused to move. It was pretty stressful, because my brain kept telling me to jump, and I wouldn't move from the wall.
The dumbest thing is that I'm not actually scared of heights at all, and the space I needed to jump woudn't have been an issue. In real life, getting to my destination would have been a cinch, but I STILL woke up stressed out about it.
At least these dreams are easy for me to read. It's finals time, so I'm stressed. Subconsciously I'm terrified to handle my own problems.
Which is totally unlike last night's dream, where I was at a fancy party in a very expensive dress, and somehow involved in some rich girl's COCAINE OVERDOSE.
Jesus Christ, subconscious, what was that?!
Anyway, the next thing I know her family was blaming me, even though it wasn't my fault (I'm pretty sure I didn't give her the drugs), and then I had to flee the party. Also I had long hair. Non-important detail.
Then as I'm halfway home, my ride realizes that they have to go back, so I volunteered to get out of the car on the side of the road to stay out of trouble.
And so I got OUT of the car, on the SIDE OF THE ROAD, while still wearing an evening gown and HEELS.
IN THE MIDDLE OF A CITY.
Talk about the worst idea of the year.
After some walking around in the dark and my high heels, I think my alarm went off. Still, it was a pretty vivid dream, and I have no idea why that is what I was thinking about.
So, that said, I've concluded that dreams are weird, especially during exam season, and I wish I remembered mine more often... Or less often. I can't decide.
Happy sleeping, and good luck with finals!
~Asterisk
At least your dreams are based in reality... I just have dreams about zombie apocalypses and giant semi-trucks demolishing cities and flying aimlessly around Eastern Washington in an A-wing from Star Wars...
ReplyDelete--Jon
Jon, I THINK I KILLED A WOMAN.
ReplyDeleteBut actually, that Star Wars A-wing dream sounds pretty awesome. I'd be down for dreaming about that.