Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Asterisk Doesn't Care About [Your] Status Updates


Okay, so I know that this is a common complaint, but I am absolutely sick of people and facebook.

See, facebook is where I keep in touch with my friends (and admittedly, friendly acquaintances)
And honestly, that's all I care about. 

The rest of my high school, for example, whatever. 
Still truckin'?
Good for them! That's great. I'm happy. But I don't need to know about their lives. 

(I know I sound like a huge bitch, but don't pretend you've never thought the same thing.)

On that note, if somebody I didn't talk to much wants to friend me on facebook, that's great. I'll accept the request, because I honestly don't have anything against most the people at SHS. Plus, if I friend someone, it means I want to keep in touch, or at least see what they're up to from time to time. So I'm usually kind of honored to get friended. 

That said, I'm so sick and tired of this idea that you should be FB friends with everybody from your high school once you've left. 
And don't tell me to leave my high school network, because I don't want to. I may not be proud of my high school, but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend I didn't go there. 

Because seriously? If we weren't friends in high school and we didn't care about each other then, I certainly don't care about what you're doing now. 

And I'll be honest, I'm not talking about people who I just didn't associate with much. I'm talking about how a couple days ago, I got friended by a girl who I know for a fact outright hated my guts from 6th grade up until the day we graduated. 

Six years is kind of a long time to hate someone (especially for something as trivial as what I did... well, kinda--it wasn't that bad in the long run), so I don't see why it would all go away three years into college.

Unless she:
a) Suddenly forgot who I am and friended me because we're in the same network, or
b) Suddenly grew up and got over it.

Based on my knowledge of girls, I'm guessing it's the former. So...

Yeah. Facebook. It's garbage. 

But whateves. I have a Twitter now. 


...A Twitter that I kind of ignore. Oops.

Until next time, 

~Asterisk

2 comments:

  1. You should tell me how to find you on Twitter. Because I also ignore it. I'm JeremyHilaryPhD

    And I wish I knew who all this drama is about! People who friend people from high school whom they haven't seen in over two years... make me question.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drama? Hardly. Just an awkward situation years later.
    I guess it will be more awkward at the reunion, since I didn't accept, but whatever.

    And my twitter link is under my "websites" section on the FB.

    So I guess this post is a lie, because I use facebook like crazy. Hahahaa. Aw, I'm pathetic.

    ReplyDelete