Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Asterisk's First Winter Break Update


Whoops looks like it's my turn to post today!
Oooh, and my first post since the remodeling. Innit great?

Life has been hectic recently. I've been crazy stressed out by finals, which were intense. 

For someone with four classes, three 10+ page papers and two exams is kind of an overload. 

That said, I've been known to get stressed out by finals when I only have a paper to write. Something about the end of the semester is stressful all by itself. 

That and  I have a major problem with exams. I ALWAYS choke. The worst case of that, of course is my freshman year, when I had a B+ in a class all semester, and then I failed the final so hard it knocked my grade down to a C. 
BOY DID THAT SUCK BALLS. 

On the bright side, it's a great story to tell to make people feel better when they're worried or stressed out. 

That said, finals ended, and I took the six hour train, two hour drive, plus a ferry trip combo back home to the Peninsula, and TOTALLY wasted a day of my life. 

But it's sooo nice to be back home. 

My family is glad to see me, and most of my friends are here for the holidays, which means I'll get to see them. 

(Partner in crime, Jazz, is here for quite some time. Reunion commence!)

I have plans to travel a little bit to visit the rest after Christmas. 
And speaking of which, my dad and my brother got us a tree out of the foothills around town. It's a little skinny, but it turned out pretty great. 

Shopping has been... interesting. I'm chronically terrible at Christmas shopping, one one hand because I don't ever know what to buy, but whatever. I'm sure everyone else has the same problem. 

All in all, I'm glad to be home, I'm glad I'll be seeing some home-friends, and I'm glad I'm finally seeing the damn mountains. 

Thank god for winter break!
~Asterisk 

No comments:

Post a Comment