Sunday, November 6, 2011

Asterisk Nails It!

My friends have been really into nail art lately. 

This means that in addition to the mass communal collection of nail polish we have going, some of ∆∑ have been bringing in the big guns--tools and cheats.
Specialty brushes and nail paints have recently begun appearing in with the regular stuff, along with sponges and whatnot, but more importantly, we've been looking at a lot of suggestion websites.

This means pictures!*

*(Which in the blogosphere is a clever distraction from the fact that the blogger is too lazy to write much.)

This is what they call "ombre."
I thought it would be with an "h" too, but apparently not.
This is nail art, not spanish, I guess. 


Swirl or splatter, doesn't matter.

Galaxy Nails are surprisingly simple, if you have a good glitter nail polish.
...And you should have a good glitter nail polish. 
This one is friggin' complicated. But awesome. 
Admittedly, I'm still sticking with good old-fashioned monochromatic nails, but that's because I'm a nail biter, and seriously, what's the point of spending time on your nails if you're just going to chew them off.

Plus, with my painting class, my nails always end up looking like this:

Whoops, wrong photo.
Or is it? 
Nah, this one.
Kind of like this, I suppose, only messier and not intentional. Meaning I'll have nails with one or two weird paint streaks across them. Sometimes it's cool, and sometimes I'm working with oddly colored paint, meaning that my nails just look weird.

...And then I bite them off. 

I suppose we should be doing better things with our time, but nail art is enjoyable, and to some extent inspires creativity. Mainly it's just fun--and we can all do it at the same time, which is handy*.

*Get it? Handy? Bahaha. Just kidding. PUN NOT INTENDED. 

Really as far as hobbies go, I've heard of dumber ones. 

Back to my essays! 
(Btw, the lighter nail is called the "power nail." No idea why.)
Now, go nail each other!

...Just kidding. 

Much love, 
~Asterisk

No comments:

Post a Comment