Monday, September 5, 2011

Jazz Consumes the World, Part 5

Well, I feel a bit remiss, since I posted twice last month and Asterisk posted five times, but hey, here I am!

Well, I spent five days in Oregon with my family, mostly relaxing and eating. Luckily, while I was there, Asterisk was awesome enough to come up and visit me! We had a lady date to the Dairy Queen, and got Blizzards together. Mine was fudge cookie dough. Their mini size is perfect; it has just enough ice cream to give you happy ice cream feelings without verging into the sugar rush and depressing sugar crash that the regular sizes do.


They were delicious. Also, oddly, I am wearing the same outfit right now as I am wearing in the picture.

I also went to Powell's City of Books, which pretty much equated to an orgasmic cosmic experience on my part. So. Many. Well-Organized. Books. Between the smell of millions of pages (some of them used! Used books have a different smell than new books, and both are amazing) and the fact that they had maps for the store, I pretty much fainted in literary ecstasy. And then spent four hours, seventy dollars, and all of the space in my bag to appreciate it fully. I'm counting this as a "Jazz Consumes" experience because I was consumed.

It was like being squeezed between the warm thighs of a womanly, anthropomorphized version of literary history.


A few days later, lo and behold, was my 21st birthday! Jack (the boyfriend) got me a heart-shaped pizza that we ate at midnight. It was white sauce, artichokes, and garlic. Perhaps not the most romantic combination, but lordy, it was delicious.

My love is a love full of carbs.

The day of my birthday, I went to the grocery store and bought a six-pack of Hornsby's Hard Apple Cider, because it tastes good. And later we went to the Honeymoon, which is the damn classiest place I've ever been, and shared a bottle of raspberry mead between me, Jack, and Ian, our friend. It tasted like raspberry jam, warmed like a tiny volcano, and had the delightful quality of making me feel old-timey. We also went to the Beaver to enjoy cheap pitchers of cheaper beer, with free popcorn, which pretty much made my night. Everything tastes better when it's free.

The Beaver was a lot like this, only instead of being tranquil and full of cute beavers, it was a dive bar full of dudes wearing baseball caps. But free popcorn!
So that's what I've been consuming. Catch you next time.

- Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment