Monday, February 7, 2011

Asterisk's New Friend Keeps Life Interesting

Today we’re going to discuss the latest activity in which my roommate and I have been participating.

Meet Scrappy:



Scrappy is an eight-inch tall stuffed Ewok my friend Lauren found in a donation bin last spring, and he is terrifying.
Admittedly, at first he was kind of cute (still creepy, but cute). I was almost jealous that Lauren had found him and I hadn’t.





Then, last semester, we started playing the Scrappy Game.

The Scrappy Game credit goes to Lauren.
I don’t think anyone else would think of something so hilariously mischievous, and downright disturbing.

It’s a simple game:

1. Obtain Scrappy, either by thievery or other means.
2. Hide Scrappy in the belongings of your roommate or one of your friends.
3. Laugh when they find him and pee themselves in fear.
4. Live in constant terror of retaliation, always wondering if he will appear in your belongings.
5. Once he does, repeat from step 1.

At first just Lauren and our friend MG played, since they lived together, but then Scrappy started getting around.
On the first day, MG discovered Scrappy watching her from inside her underwear drawer. From there, the game escalated, with all of us trying to out-do the others with our hiding places.

When Lauren left to go abroad, she left Scrappy with me, since for some reason everybody thinks I’m the creepiest.
*Although I’ll admit that I deserve this reputation at least 50% of the time, sooo….

In order to make Lauren proud, I’ve started torturing my poor roommate, Ruth, with the Scrappy Game.
At first she would just scream and throw Scrappy at me when she found him, but she quickly learned that if she held on to him, she could properly get revenge. Otherwise I would just take him and hide him again after he was thrown at me. 
*So far the best reaction was when she found him in her backpack, and screamed loud enough that our neighbors came over to ask why Ruth was screaming, and why I was laughing so loudly.

Now Ruth has been holding her own amazingly, and the two of us live in a constant state of fear, always wondering where Scrappy will appear next.

Here are a few places:



*The fridge got a good reaction, too, actually. 


I've got to say, nothing beats a good ol’ game of out-creeping your friends to keep you on your toes.

Until next time,

~Asterisk

1 comment:

  1. omg. Epic. Must find a creepy stuffed animal and start playing this at our house.

    ReplyDelete