Today I want to talk about Twitter.
I don't exactly get it. It's a social networking thing, right?
But you just post a one-liner about... whatever you're thinking. Whenever?
Basically Facebook, if Facebook were only status updates.
...Status updates, which are one of the more annoying things about facebook.*
*I say annoying, because the worst thing that can happen on facebook is someone who updates every fifteen minutes, or updates about their abnormal bodily functions, or updates about their goddamn sappy relationships every friggin’ day (I’ll admit, it’s cute when infrequent, but seriously, keep it in your pants people).
So yeah, the annoying part about facebook.
Huh.
On that note, I'm fascinated. I want a Twitter like crazy.
It sounds like fun, just texting your twitter whenever you have a new/ interesting/ weird/ original/ stupid thought, and then people read it because for some reason they're generally interested.
(After all, why would people follow your twitter unless they were interested in all the dumb things you have to say?)
That's so great!
I have a genius stupid Twitter idea. For a whole year, I'd have to update EVERY SINGLE HOUR of EVERY SINGLE DAY. And the update would have to be honest about what I was doing, like tying my shoes, pouring milk, cleaning my sink, etc.
Of course, I guess I'd have to find a way to make it auto-update "sleeping" every time I went to bed, and until I got up the next morning, otherwise I'd never be able to sleep properly.
Also, I wouldn’t actually do this. I’d forget that I had the thing like three days after I made it.
And of course, someone had probably already done that as a social experiment, or something, just like all the other cool dumb Twitter ideas. Like people who update only in Haiku, and the Twitter page for Big Ben, which updates "Bong, bong, bong, bong..." every hour, based on what time it is. (If I had a Twitter, I would totally follow that page. Just another reason I want one.)
It’s probably better that I don’t have a Twitter, though, seeing as I’d have stupid updates, anyway.
And I kind of already have a place for that, don't I.
~Asterisk
Best reasons to get a Twitter account:
ReplyDeleteNathan Fillion
Simon Pegg
Michael Ian Black
Shit My Dad Says
Jeph Jacques (he writes Questionable Content and is hilarious on Twitter)
The Onion updates
--Jon
THANK YOU!
ReplyDelete