Sunday, August 8, 2010

Asterisk Suddenly Realizes the Importance of Cheap Mexican Food

At long last, summer vacation started for me. (Because it’s not a vacation if you have to work, duh.) I’m homeless this week, and have been doing the “couch hopping” thing. It’s been pretty great. My internship ended last week, I’ve left my apartment (which was almost tragic, since I had one of the coolest roommates ever), and I made the CRAZY six-hour drive back to my home state. I’m now staying with Jazz, and it’s been lovely.

What I really want to talk about, however, is my new discovery: TACO BELL.

I grew up as a picky eater with an even pickier sibling, so if we went out for fast food, it was for chicken nuggets. (Admittedly, I’m still a big fan of chicken nuggets.)

This, and the fact that my mother really doesn’t approve of fast food meant that I’d never been to a Taco Bell…

…until last week.

OMG, whoa. It was amazing. I got dinner for 99 cents. And it was actually pretty good, considering what I paid for it. Like, really good. And yeah, I know it’s hard to mess up something as simple as a soft taco, and all food is WAY better at 2:30 in the morning, but still. This was awesome!

It’s kind of painful that I’m realizing this like ten years after everyone else, but at least I figured it out before my metabolism slows down rendering fast food forbidden.

God I wish I’d had something better to write about. This is what I get for going on vacation. (And probably for allowing cheap tacos to rot my brain.)

Until next time,

~Asterisk

2 comments:

  1. So glad I could be there for your first Taco Bell experience! It was great.

    -Jazz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crunchwrap, crunchwrap, crunchwrap...

    ReplyDelete