Friday, May 13, 2011

Asterisk's End of the Year Post


I am not a big fan of the end of the year.

I hate final projects.
I hate final exams.
I hate figuring out all my summer plans, watching them fall through, and then figuring out new, alternative summer plans that are less cool.  
I hate moving all my crap out of one lousy apartment and into another lousy apartment only a few blocks away because the school is closing.
But most of all I hate saying good bye to all my friends (and some other important people).

Leaving college at the end of the year is like leaving Hogwarts—only instead of magic we have, uh, college things.

...Yeah, college things.


That said, this time next week I’ll be in Puerto Rico!
¡Que fantastico!

Excellent! This photo is appropriate again!

If I’m lucky, I’ll come back with some nice sun highlights, a tan, and I won’t get “Dengue Fever” from mosquitoes while I’m there.

*I’m so totally going to get Dengue Fever. My academic advisor says hardly anyone ever gets it, which definitely means I will. All I can do is hope I don’t get what they call “Hemorrhaging Dengue.”


Finals and classes are actually over for me at this point, so now all I have to do is watch all my friends leave, one by one. This is terrible, by the way.

That said, I’ve successfully packed up all my garbage possessions, and shoved them into my closet, so that I can move them out on Saturday when my Mom drives down to help me put them in storage while I’m off of the continental United States.

My entire life fits in half of a closet.
...I can't explain those stupid butterfly wings, though.

So life could be worse.

*Also, I will try to update while in Puerto Rico, but if it doesn’t happen, my apologies. Jazz and I never discussed rules for when we’re out of the country, but since she’s headed out in July, I feel like we might have to dissolve penalties due to unavailability of internet.
That said, my post after my trip will be awesome! And when I say “awesome,” I mean that I will think it’s awesome. Readers will find it to be the worst torture ever, as nothing is worse than other people’s vacation photos.

So, for those of you still in school this semester, quarter, or whatever, consider yourselves lucky!
…Until finals hit, of course.
As for the rest of you, have a wonderful summer!

~Asterisk

No comments:

Post a Comment