Sunday, March 13, 2011

After Dead Week

No, I didn't post on time. I did, however, write a substantial research paper in Spanish, and a complete grammar analysis of the use of 'se' in the Spanish language, along with a detailed lesson plan. So all in all I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, despite letting down the (one?) reader of the blog.

Here's what I'm excited about now.


Blues dancing.

I'm taking a month-long session of lessons with a couple of friends and the Boyfriend, and dayum. Swing makes me giddy, blues makes me sultry. And by sultry, I mean it feels good to feel that sexy on the dance floor. And an amazing bonus: there's more leads than follows in my class, which never, never happens in dance. I get to be a commodity, instead of fighting for the chance to dance with someone. And it helps that the Boyfriend is all excited about blues dancing too, because it means I get dibs on a lead and I can practice out of class.

The teachers, though. I swear. Really really nice couple, but when they dance...it's sincerely ridiculous just how seamless they are. I live in perpetual fear that the guy will step down from the Olympus of dancing and try to dance with me. I've done it once. I could barely breathe afterward.

Body rolls, man. Harder than they look.

- Jazz

2 comments: