Friday, October 22, 2010

Just Do It

This sort of goes off of Asterisk's post.

We all know women in modern society get complexes, they feel self-conscious. I mean, I am stick thin, just because of genetics, but I still get self-conscious because I'm short and my breasts are small. I'm not going to go into the sickness of the media, and magazines, and blah blah blah, because everyone's heard it before.

You know what I am going to say?

FUCK IT.

It's hard to change an institution. It's hard to change this nebulous media that apparently has this chokehold on us. But you know what's easy to change? You.

You, whoever the hell you are, female, male, in between, big, small, whatever, you, you are beautiful. Just take it as truth and roll with it. No. Don't argue with me. I don't care how much you don't fit the norm, just say you're beautiful. Feel the way that feels. And go out and fucking make every else think so, too. Because if you think you're pretty, if you think you're worthwhile, then damnit, you are.

Dress how you want to dress. You got it, for the love of God, flaunt it. Who cares if other people think you're a slut? That is their problem. You know who you are. Stop living in fear, accept your own damn self the way you like you, and live like that.

Like yourself. Nobody else's opinion matters. Seriously.

--Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment