Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Asterisk Tuesday

Things that happened to me today:

-I opted out of showering because, really, what was the point.
-I went to class.
-I learned I have to re-write my creative writing story because I am being workshopped on Thursday and I am not happy with what I have.
-This would be all fine and dandy, but the analysis and conclusion for my thesis is due Thursday. Gross.
-I came home and painted my nails.

-This morning it snowed, rained, snowed again, and then got sunny, only to start raining again later.
Wtf, mate?

-I went to my math class and helped out, I think. (FYI, I am totally a volunteer for an intensive math class at the local middle school. Not sure if I mentioned that.) I'm never sure if I'm getting through to the kids, since they tend to dead-eye me, but they get their work done, so I'm going to say that I do. Sometimes. I think.
-Eighth grade math, even though I'm able to do it with relative ease, is still stressful and I don't like it.
-I am also now a part of the class fund raiser. Anybody want to buy a Butter Braid? They look delicious... (Not to mention high in useless calories and exorbitantly priced, but hey support your local middle school!)

-I came home and poufed my hair for something very important.
-That something important was my band audition for Wulapalooza, our schools music, earth, and art festival that is 100% the best day of the entire year without fail every year.
We're a Ke$ha cover band (don't laugh, we rock), and we glittered the drums, the stage, and the hearts of the judges. Also, we looked totally bomb.

-I came home from auditions and made spaghetti because I need something I can live off for the next week (at least) since I don't have any money (friggin' school, bouncing my check like that, gettin' me an over-draft, screw you).
-I spent a remarkable amount of time reading thirty page executive summary of an environmental impact statement for my thesis research. Unsurprisingly, the government is the worlds most boring writer. The worst part: it didn't really have the conclusion I was looking for.
Fun fact, though: the greenhouse gas emissions from displacing reference crude oils with Canadian oil sands crude oils imported through the proposed project (Keystone XL) could be equivalent to annual greenhouse gas emissions from combustion of fuels in 4, 000,000 passenger vehicles. ...Whoa.

-I missed the Tuesday night deadline by nineteen minutes and I don't care!
Captain Morgan is in Arizona anyway, so I can't act on the penalty. And if she came to visit me, I wouldn't mind the penalty anyway. Muahahaha.

Aaaand that's that! Let's see if I can manage to make a better post sometime this week. Hopefully that's the case...but don't bet the farm on it.

Until later,
~Asterisk

No comments:

Post a Comment